Saturday, May 8, 2010

Aida’s Shrug

The first thing I did when my long awaited package arrived was to immediately cast on for Aida’s shrug. I love the yarn I ordered for her shrug. It’s Peaches & Cream 100% cotton. The colour is Fiesta. Fun colours. It has all the colours of the rainbow. Aida’s mom emailed me her measurements and I set out knitting the shrug in the round using my trusty Harmony circular needles. There wasn’t any particular pattern but Aida’s mom, Bani gave me some ideas and pictures as inspiration.


As it’s knitted in the round, it’s practically seamless. I did the sleeves in the round too using the magic loop method. I did moss stitch borders for the sleeves, collar and the tie up. I’m quite happy with how it turned out but more importantly, Aida is happy with her new shrug. I courier it yesterday afternoon and before I had the time to blog about it, Bani has already posted pictures of Aida in her new shrug in Facebook today.


Thank you Bani for this opportunity to develop my knitting skills. It was a real pleasure to knit this shrug for Aida. I hope she gets a lot of wear from it. With love from Aunty Rozi :)




2 comments:

  1. End result nye cantik sangat.
    Muat plak tu wpun danial jadik model ;)

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang