Friday, April 1, 2016

Crochet projects for yarn scrap busting

After the Knitting Party at Spotlight Mines (blogged about it here), I took the chance to sort out my yarn stash. As usual, I browsed Pinterest to get some ideas of things I can do to scrap bust my yarn stash. Here are some of the things I did with my scrap yarn:

Crocheted Tissue Roll Cover:
Great if you have an odd ball of yarn that you don’t know what to do with or in other words, a one ball project. I took out the cardboard core from the tissue roll so that I can pull the tissue from the centre. 


Crocheted Coin Pouch

I’ve unearthed my sharp crochet hook and made some coin pouches by crocheting directly onto the zip. 



Crocheted bath poufs

I made these bath poufs with cotton blend yarn. However, I don’t quite like it as when I used it in the shower, it doesn’t lather nicely when you squeeze shower gel onto it. I might do another bath pouf with different yarn. Acrylic yarn perhaps. I read up somewhere that it lather better than the cotton ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang