Monday, March 12, 2018

Intensive Silhouette Training

I had another Intensive Silhouette Training session today (Sunday, 11 March 2018). From the pictures, the usual enquiries that I get is “Do you only teach how to make custom t’shirt and sticker vinyl?” Isn’t much of “INTENSIVE” there is it? I’ve been conducting the training for over a year now and it does get a bit tiring when you get the same question. Perhaps it’s high time for me to go into greater length in explaining what the course entails.


Training session on 11 February 2018 at The Craftsical

When I put together the training material, I had the basics in mind. For a newbie with zero experience with any of the Silhouette machine be it a Cameo or a Portrait; it will put you on a fast track to mastering your machine without the hesitation and waste of trial and error. I’ve gone through watching tutorials and reading SilhouetteSchool blogs and trying to find local materials to diy stuff. I’ve done my trial and errors in my first year of owning a Portrait which is back in 2015. I have been hands on with both Portrait and Cameo to know what they can do and I’ve tried some hacks to try and save corners here and there. In short, you can take  your time and go through the process like I do or you can sign up for my class and skip all the mistakes that I’ve made and be on your way to have a beautiful relationship with your machine. Either way, the choice is yours.

I didn’t get a Portrait or a Cameo for the reason to become an instructor to begin with. I’m a crafter at heart and I’m a gadget freak. I love my Portrait the minute I had my hands on it. I learned what I can and took my time on the learning curve. Over the years, I’ve shared my crafts made with my Portrait and some of my friends and IG followers knew I own a Silhouette machine. I made more friends when they DM me asking for helps in trouble shooting their machines, or finding the right settings to cut some materials. I’m always happy to help a fellow crafter. Last year, Zila Kasim, a friend bought her Cameo and asked me to teach her. I was happy to show what Cameo can do. After the session, Zila suggested that I go into Cameo sales and training and she gave me some tips on how to get it started. Long story short, she became my mentor and I started my Cameo business and training. It’s been over a year that I’ve run training sessions on a monthly basis and do private training on site when my customers couldn’t come for group class. 

Anyway, what do I teach in my class? Well, I cover:
  • Registration with Silhouette America and claim USD25 complimentary 1 month subscription. 
  • Setting cloud account for Silhouette Studio.
  • Introduction on the Silhouette Studio software
  • Get free designs from Silhouette Design Store and saving it into cloud account
  • Basic cut on cardstock
  • sketch and cut function, using the dual carriage on Cameo3 and pen holder (additional accessory)
  • cutting sticker vinyl to personalise the cameo/portrait-how to transfer the design with transfer tape
  • Trace function; tracing design from other sources and converting it into a design for Cameo/Portrait to cut.
  • Cutting HTV for a custom t’shirt
  • Print and cut; understanding the importance of registration marks
  • Cutting custom sticker
With that, I include:
  • A t’shirt
  • A 12”x 20” PU HTV 
  • A cardstock
  • 12”x12” sticker vinyl in assorted colours
  • Printable heat transfer paper for light material (A4)
  • Printable heat transfer paper for dark material (A4)
  • Glossy sticker paper (A4)
  • Matte sticker paper (A4)
  • A list of local suppliers 

The next question I assume is how much does all these cost? 

I think it should be in the region of RM500 to RM600 but my fees are only RM300 and a further rebate of RM100 if you purchase your Silhouette Machine from me and I throw in a set of toolkit which is valued at RM84! If that is not a good deal than I don’t know what is! For one thing, the USD25 is most of the time goes unclaimed and for my participants, I’m actually giving free money worth RM100 for you to buy designs on the Design Store. I even include lunch during training. 

So, if you already own a Cameo and still finding your way with using it; or you’re thinking of getting one but hesitate if you can’t manage it, drop me a line or sign up for my training session. I posts my class schedule on my instagram and in my estore. I’ve seen how my participants have turn their machines into money making machines in no time. I’ve had feedbacks that some of them have covered their investment in the Cameo within one and a half months! But if that’s not your concern, that’s OK, you can just be like me and enjoy making stuff with your Cameo/Portrait. When you know how to use your machine, you are only limited by your creativity.

4 comments:

  1. Love to read this kak...you are my inspiration. Kakak serba boleh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to read my blog Awin.

      Delete
  2. I see me :D :D :D BIG grin..muahahaha..

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang