Sunday, March 11, 2018

New Packaging and Promotion for Detox Deodorant


I started with 15g detox deodorant sometime early this year and Alhamdulillah, it is well received. A bit about my detox deodorant; I took the recipe from pinterest and modified it to call it my own. Due to our tropical weather, the original recipe makes the deodorant soft in room temperature. I tweaked the recipe a few times to get it to be more solid. 

The main ingredients are coconut oil, beeswax, bentonite clay, baking soda, corn starch, vitamin E, grapefruit and peppermint essential oils.

Bentonite Clay has many benefits:

  1. It absorbs odors
  1. It absorbs toxins from the skin by creating a leaching effect around the under arm lymph nodes (where a lot of toxins are stored).
  1. It extracts heavy metals from the skin.
  1. It is calming and soothing to the skin (so no more under arm chaffing).


Bentonite Clay is a sedimentary volcanic ash that swells when it comes in contact with water.  “Once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an ‘electrical charge’.”1 It is this negative electrical charge that will bond to the positive charge of toxins, absorbing them into the clay as it releases its nutrients.
Extracted from http://simplelifemom.com

Baking soda neutralizes and absorbs bad odour and corn starch absorbs moisture.

When I first made the deodorant, I had my son in mind. He loves peppermint so I incorporated peppermint and grapefruit essential oils in the deodorant to get that fresh scent. I use Young Living Essential Oils. 

They are available in my estore. To kick off the new packaging, I’m running a promotion where for every 2 x 50g detox deodorant purchased, you get a FREE 15g detox deodorant. This promotion is limited to the first 10 customers only so hurry and get yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang